You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
TRUMATCH® Graft Cage –Long Bone
The TRUMATCH Graft Cage – Long Bone is a 3D-printed personalized resorbable implant for treatment of critical-sized segmental defects.
The TRUMATCH Graft Cage – Long Bone is designed to:
- Retain morselized bone graft and/or bone graft substitute in its desired location during healing
- Allow nutrient access and bone restoration
- Allow for use with common rigid fixation devices (intramedullary nails, plates/screws, and/or external fixation devices.)
Features & Benefits
Provides Graft Retention
- Interstitial shelf designed to prevent bone graft collapse1
- Made of slow resorbing PCL, which has a slow resorption rate of 2-4 years, and hence provides graft retention and structure for the healing period2
- Overall construct mimics bone shape
Allows Nutrient Access
- Tube-in-tube design supports nutrient access to bone graft circumferentially and through the intramedullary canal1
- Open outer mesh design allows angiogenesis and provide an envelope to contain the graft within the defect1
- Coated with osteoconductive calcium phosphate to promote mineralization at the surface of the implant and conversion to bone1,3
- 55% Greater bone volume after 18 weeks compared to porous polymeric membranes in a 3cm sheep tibia defect model4,5
- 96% Restoration of torsional strength at 18 weeks in a 3cm sheep tibia defect model4,5
- Faster transition from woven to dense bone compared to polymeric mesh in a 3cm sheep tibia defect model4,5
Graft Cage Product Animation
Graft Cage Product Animation
|Part Number||Part Description|
|SD900.500S||TruMatch Graft Cage Long Bone 2.5 cm to 5 cm / sterile|
|SD900.501S||TruMatch Graft Cage Long Bone > 5 cm to 10 cm / sterile|
1. DePuy Synthes Design Print: SD900_500S
2. Sun et al. The in vivo degradation, absorption and excretion of PCL-based implant. Biomaterials 27 (2006) 1735-1740. Elsevier.
3. Surmanev et al. Significance of calcium phosphate coatings for the enhancement of new bone osteogenesis – a review. Acta Biomaterial 10 (2014) 557-579. Elsevier.
4. Evaluation of a bone graft cage in an ovine tibial critical defect model - pivotal, PSC-CORL 008. DePuy Synthes Ref: 0000274197.
5. Longitudinal Tibial Bone Healing Assessment. DePuy Synthes Ref: 0000271732.
The DePuy Synthes TRUMATCH® Graft Cage – Long Bone implant is indicated for use in skeletally mature adults and adolescents (12-21)* for maintaining the relative position of morselized bone graft and/or bone graft substitutes within bone voids or surgical resections in the nonarticular regions of the humerus, femur, or tibia. The implant must be used in conjunction with traditional, rigid fixation.
*The TRUMATCH Graft Cage – Long Bone implant is indicated for use in skeletally immature adolescents, only if the device is not used across open physes.
The TRUMATCH Graft Cage – Long Bone implant is for patients only when the treating physician deems there is appropriate time to conduct surgical planning, personalization, and manufacturing of a patient specific device. When considering the use of the TRUMATCH Graft Cage – Long Bone, please ensure that you request information on the amount of time needed to manufacture and ship the device from your local DePuy Synthes sales representative. There is a delay between when the device is ordered and when the device can be delivered.
The TRUMATCH Graft Cage – Long Bone is contraindicated for:
- Use in bone voids or surgical resections that include articular surfaces.
- Use in load bearing applications where no traditional, rigid fixation is present.
- Use in bone voids or surgical resections that use the device across open physes.
- Use in the spine.
- Use in patients with a compromised ability for bone healing (e.g. active infections, poor bone quality, insufficient blood supply, etc.)
- Use in patients requiring acute/emergent treatment due to the time requirements to personalize, manufacture, and deliver the device.
© DePuy Synthes 2021. All Rights Reserved. This site is published by the DePuy Synthes Companies, which are solely responsible for its content. This site is governed solely by applicable U.S. laws and governmental regulations. This site is for visitors from the United States. The third party trademarks used herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.