You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
Questions to Ask Your Doctor
If you have been diagnosed with chronic sinusitis, or if you have multiple sinus infections per year that are not helped with medication, you may find it helpful to talk to your primary doctor or an Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) specialist about additional treatment options. Below are some questions to help guide that conversation.
- Based on my symptoms and the length of time I’ve suffered, do I have chronic sinusitis?
- What medication do you prescribe for chronic sinusitis, and how long will I need to take medication?
- What are the effects of my continuing to take this medication for my symptoms?
- At what point does it make sense for me to consider treatment options beyond medicine?
- Am I a candidate for surgery with Balloon Sinuplasty?
- What’s the anticipated outcome of Balloon Sinuplasty?
- What kind of anesthesia is required for Balloon Sinuplasty?
- Is there an option to perform Balloon Sinuplasty here in your office, using local anesthesia?
- What are the options if Balloon Sinuplasty is not done?
- What can I expect to continue to do to treat my condition if I elect not to have this procedure done now?
- What is the recovery process after Balloon Sinuplasty?
- How long will I need to miss work / school / normal activities?
No applicable peer-reviewed references for this page.
Important Safety Information
Acclarent® Balloon Sinuplasty Devices are intended for use by or under the direction of a physician. Acclarent Technology has associated risks, including unintended tissue injury, infection, or possible visual injury. Consult your physician for a full discussion of risks and benefits to determine whether this procedure is right for you.
Caution: Federal (US) law restricts the sale, distribution or use of these devices to, by or on the order of a physician. Third party trademarks used herein are trademarks of their respective owners. This content is intended for audience within the US only.
Important information: Prior to use, refer to the instructions for use supplied with this device for indications, contraindications, side effects, warnings and precautions.
This site is published by Acclarent, Inc. which is solely responsible for its contents. It is intended for visitors from the United States.
© Acclarent, Inc. 2019. Last Updated on 10/11/2019