You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
Reduce expenses and decrease environmental impact while maintaining the ability to provide excellent patient outcomes by embedding sustainable practices related to Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies (JJMDC) devices into health system operations.
Consume Less. Impact More.
Hospitals produce more than 4.67 million tons of waste every year1
The operating room uses 30% of the supplies for the entire hospital1
Healthcare facilities contributed to 8% of the greenhouse gas emissions and 7% of the CO2 emissions in the US2
Programs to improve procurement of sustainably designed devices
Practical tools and educational resources to help drive sustainability initiatives
Optimization of JJMDC and non-JJMDC reprocessed single-use devices that are substantially equivalent to the OEM devices
Management of device collections for recycling and reuse
Manage costs of delivering care while maintaining excellent patient experiences
Support health system environmental preferred purchasing (EPP) goals
Improve public perception by creating better, safer, more sustainable workplaces and communities
- Your team shares your sustainability goals with the JJMDC team
- Together, your team and JJMDC define areas to evaluate sustainability practices that can be strengthened with the help of JJMDC devices or programs
- JJMDC sustainability expert conducts a confidential, on-site analysis of current practices in your facility
- Based on assessment findings, JJMDC provides tailored recommendations to target sustainability opportunities
- Your team and JJMDC agree on plans to address top sustainability needs and establish metrics to track progress
Delivering Results - Large, multi-state IDN
These are examples only and do not guarantee or predict future results, which will vary depending on individual circumstances:
281,000 lbs of regulated medical waste diverted from landfills3
Estimated annual savings from utilizing reprocessed single-use devices3
Estimated savings on waste removal costs3
See How We’ve Helped
The CareAdvantage approach tailors our capabilities to customers in a variety of settings to produce concrete results.
Case Studies & Infographics
Helped large health system revitalize device reprocessing program to drive substantial savings and waste reduction.
Partnered with large health system to increase savings by focusing device reprocessing efforts on five high-volume SKUs.
1. Sanbon BJ. Hospitals save millions with sustainability programs, cut back on waste. Healthcare Finance. March 14, 2017. http://www.healthcarefinancenews.com/news/hospitals-save-millions-sustainability-programs-cut-back-waste.
2. Chung JW, Meltzer DO. Estimate of the carbon footprint of the US health care sector. JAMA. 2009 Nov 11;302(18):1970-2.
3. Sterilmed, Inc. Business Review Report (Account #6049). October 2015 – September 2016