You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
Committed to shaping the future of surgery in the fight against obesity and metabolic diseases and helping to elevate the standard of care through research and evidence, best-in-class education and training, innovative products and expanding patient access to care. Together, we’re advancing surgical care, enabling patients to live longer, more fulfilling lives.
Ethicon Bariatric Solutions
Innovation in the operating room. Ethicon offers a comprehensive portfolio of medical device products for bariatric and metabolic surgery. We relentlessly invest in innovation to provide a comprehensive portfolio of market-leading products.
Your Choice of Stapler Matters
With decisions ranging from surgical approach to post-operative management, every choice matters. One choice you can count on is Ethicon Powered Staplers. We focus on providing you staplers that help improve patient outcomes, with results backed by clinical evidence.
Bariatric Professional Education Courses
The Johnson & Johnson Institute offers comprehensive Bariatric specialty learning opportunities on the safe and efficacious usage of Ethicon devices, surgical techniques and measures to provide ongoing learning opportunities to improve patient outcomes.
HealthPartner for Weight Loss Surgery
HealthPartner for Weight Loss Surgery supports your patients through the entire bariatric surgery journey. The website and app help to educate patients, guide them through the pre-surgical process, support them in behavior change goal setting, and allow them to track their progress.
Featured Bariatric Products
ECHELON FLEX™ GST System
Bariatric surgeons prefer Ethicon endocutters more often than Medtronic endocutters.§ Controls tissue movement to enable you to transect as you intend even in challenging tissue.
HARMONIC ACE®+7 SHEARS with Advanced Hemostasis
Provides superior heat management.1,2 Adaptive Tissue Technology enables greater surgical precision and performance3 by dynamically optimizing energy delivery in response to changing tissue conditions.
HARMONIC® HD 1000i Shears
HARMONIC HD 1000i Shears offers a seamless combination of unmatched precision, unparalleled strength, and optimal efficiency.
STRATAFIX™ Spiral Knotless Tissue Control Device
With more points of fixation than traditional sutures. STRATAFIX™ Devices provide more consistent tension control over every pass and provides more security and strength than interrupted suture closure with more efficiency than continuous closure.4-6
Ethicon Bariatric Resources
Ethicon provides highly demanded assets through this digital platform all at no charge & can be viewed online before ordering.
As potential patients learn about bariatric and metabolic surgery, they also search for surgeons in their area.
Research & Evidence
Driving the body of evidence that shows bariatric surgery is the most effective and durable treatment for severe obesity.
Access & Reimbursement
Helping patients with obesity around the world gain and maintain access to the life-changing obesity treatment they deserve.
* Use of Ethicon Powered Staplers was associated with fewer bleeding / transfusion complications (1.61%) compared to Medtronic non-powered staplers (3.05%) p=0.010, in laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy and Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass procedures. Based on retrospective analysis of 21,466 cases from the Premier Perspective® Hospital Database.
† Use of Ethicon Powered Staplers was associated with shorter OR time (133 minutes) compared to Medtronic non-powered staplers (154 minutes), p=0.011, in laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy and Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass procedures. Based on retrospective analysis of 20,428 cases from the Premier Perspective® Hospital Database.
‡ Use of Ethicon Powered Staplers was associated with lower overall hospital costs ($12,261) compared to Medtronic non-powered staplers ($14,038), p=0.022, in laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy and Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass procedures. Based on retrospective analysis of 21,466 cases from the Premier Perspective® Hospital Database. (065629-170118)
§ In a 2015 U.S. market research study by Ethicon that surveyed surgeon preference (63.9% Ethicon vs. 24.7% Medtronic) (p<0.001).
1. In a benchtop study on porcine jejunum, Thunderbeat™ (Seal and Cut mode) exhibited 31.7% higher mean shaft temperature (Fahrenheit) on the last 3 of 20 transections vs. Ethicon ACE® Devices with Adaptive Tissue Technology at Max Power Level 5 (p<0.001).
2. In a preclinical study on 5-7mm goat carotids (n=76) that compared the mean thermal damage via histology of HARMONIC ACE®+7 in Advanced Hemostasis mode vs LigaSure™ Blunt Tip (LF1537) (2 54 [±0.48]mm. respectively, p=0.003).
3. As compared to HARMONIC® Devices without Adaptive Tissue Technology.
4. Vakil JJ, O'Reilly MP, Sutter EG, Mears SC, Belkoff SM, Khanuja HS. Knee arthrotomy repair with a continuous barbed suture: a biomechanical study. J Arthroplasty. 2011;26(5):710-713.
5. Eickmann T, Quane E. Total knee arthroplasty closure with barbed sutures. J Knee Surg. 2010;23(3):163-167.
6. 100326296: Time Zero Tissue Holding - Competitive Claims Comparisons for STRATAFIX™ Knotless Tissue Control Devices vs Various Products. 2015.
For complete indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, and adverse reactions, please reference full package insert.